The Screen Icon Search (SIS) Competition since its inception in 2012, had always held on the eve of the Golden Icons Academy Movie Awards (GIAMA) and provides an avenue to showcase new and aspiring talents while offering several young and aspiring ladies and gentlemen the opportunity to compete and audition for an opportunity to feature in movie deals with top producers in the Nollywood industry.
However, as the need to provide and enhance the quality of actors entering the Nollywood continue to rise amidst the ever increasing competition, so also has the need to provide top-notch education to the aspiring stars in order to provide them with what it takes to succeed in the industry. In order to arm these young aspirants with the toolbox to succeed in the acting world, Golden Icons Academy Movie Awards (GIAMA), the organization behind the SIS decided to put together a workshop that will feature a number of notable actors/directors in the Nollywood industry that will be available to provide an academic platform to teach and instill the technicalities of acting to the participants.
This workshop is open to everyone including past SIS contestants, and it promises to provide tips and from the best in the Nollywood industry on how to become a star actress and elevate the acting prowess of those in attendance to the next level. Consequently, the traditional SIS competition will NOT hold in 2014, and the next SIS competition will be slated for October 2015.
If you are interested in the acting workshop, please fill out the form below
(1) You must be at least 18 years of age.
(2) You must complete the registration by email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, using the information guideline below.
Note: Only registered members will be allowed to attend, and the Registration period is from March 15 until October 1, 2014 – This is limited to the first 50 eligible registered entries.
(3) This a FREE acting workshop, however, participants are required to purchase a VIP ticket and attend the GIAMA Awards scheduled for October 25, 2014.
(4) You must be able to travel in and out of the United States, with a valid U.S. visa, if needed. In addition, the Winner must be able to obtain a Nigerian or Ghanaian visa, if needed.
TO REGISTER, FILL OUT THE FORM BELOW
Send an Email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information
(1) YOUR NAME.
(2) EMAIL ADDRESS.
(3) Phone number.
(4) Current Location: City and State.